The Liberation International Music Festival takes place around Liberation Day each year. The 2018 Festival is scheduled to commence on Friday 11th May and finish with Jazz at Hamptonne on Sunday 20th May 2018. To find out more see www.liberationjersey.com
Each year we explore the liberation of the island of Jersey from occupation in the 2nd world war with a series of themes looking at liberation through music. The Festival includes the following:
- Dance Night with artists from stars from Strictly Come Dancing to principal ballet dancers from the Royal Ballet. Music in Action often commission new works to be performed.
- Chamber Music Night featuring international stars such as Sir James Galway, Nicola Benedetti, Michael Collins, Dame Felicity Lott, Maxim Rysanov and Alexander Sitkovetsky.
- Jersey Chamber Orchestra night conducted by our former Principal Conductor Daniel Cohen or our current Principal Conductor Justin Doyle.
- Jazz afternoon which is often at Hamptonne. Artists have included such celebrities as Gwilym Simcock, Claire Teal, Claire Martin, Joe Stilgoe, and Jacqui Dankworth.
- Musical Walk exploring the beauty of the island with musical stops such as St Ouen's Manor, St Brelade's Bay or Mont Orgueil Castle.